Assistant Property Manager
Eastport is in search of a new Assistant Property Manager to join our staff. If interested, please email your resume to Morgan at [email protected]
What you need to bring with you to Eastport:
- Experience with and a strong understanding of Word, Excel, financial
modeling and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a close, collaborative, customer focused environment
- Positive, upbeat attitude, professionalism, attention to detail, entrepreneurial mindset, organizational skills and flexibility.
What you will do at Eastport:
- Assist property managers in completing various administrative projects (preparing leases, marketing space for lease, developing and updating contact lists, preparing service contracts, updating rent rolls).
- Prepare tenant correspondence as directed (late letters, notices, etc.)
- Prepare vendor contracts.
- Develop scopes of work and bid projects as directed.
- Conduct property tours to create action lists for ongoing property maintenance.
- Obtain tenant and vendor insurance certificates and track expiration dates.
- Assist in monthly reporting package preparation for distribution to clients.
- Assist with the preparation and input of data into operating budgets.
- Assist in the development, editing and tracking of rent rolls
- Prepare and update lease abstracts.
- Assist in the preparation of annual tax and operating expense reconciliations.
- Assist with the collections process.
- Assist in the preparation of utility billbacks and expense tracking.
- Assist property managers in development of the annual budgets for each entity.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Support with correspondence, mailings and filing.
- Provide back-up with answering phones as needed.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Property Maintenance Superintendent
Eastport is looking for a skilled Property Maintenance Superintendent to join our team. If interested, please email Morgan at [email protected]
Please see the summary of job responsibilities provided below that detail some of the individual tasks that are a part of this position. The major standards that we subscribe to for all candidates are as follows:
- Ability to work independently and to take direction.
- Willingness to complete any task whether minor or major.
- Provide quality service and response in a professional and polite manner.
- Perform all responsibilities with a level of detail orientation that will ensure
efficiency and promptness in all areas.
- At the direction of the Property Manager, complete action items promptly and
- Respond to after-hours calls for the Company as directed.
- While working at each property, proactively identify deficiencies and bring these deficiencies to the Property Manager’s attention.
- Snow Removal – as directed by the Company, inspect and clear walkways and paths of egress as required.
- Landscaping – inspect landscaping and report issues to the Property Manager. Perform general landscaping tasks such as mowing, leaf-blowing, trash clean-up, etc.
- Proactively replace light bulbs, exit sign bulbs and stained ceiling stiles as required.
- Identify and correct HVAC, plumbing and electrical issues.
- Inspect roofs for debris, leaks, deficiencies and clogged drains.
- Keep mechanical and storage areas clean and orderly.
- Inspect vacant spaces and report issues to the Property Manager.
- Work with and assist vendors in completing outsourced work (fire alarm testing, compressor replacement, sprinkler tests, elevator tests).
- Perform any other duties the Company shall request in the operation of its managed real estate business.
- Travel required throughout the greater Boston area and suburban Boston.
- Must have a reliable transportation.